The U.S. Department of Agriculture announced Wednesday that it suspended and underwent ongoing review of federal funding in Maine. The state refuses Provide equal opportunities for women and girls in educational programs.
The state refuses to comply with Donald Trump’s February executive order banning trans athletes from participating in women’s and women’s sports, prompting Federal pressure. Trump initially vowed to refuse to comply with the order in his February 20 speech to cut federal funding.
Now, Trump has fulfilled his promise.
Click here for more sports reports on FoxNews.com
USDA Secretary Brooks Rollins said the state must agree to protect female athletes from trans integration before resuming funds.
“In order to continue to collect taxpayer money from the USDA, Maine must show compliance with Title IX, which protects female student-athletes from having to undress with or against or against or against or against or have to undress in front of men,” Rollins wrote in a letter to the state.
“In addition, the USDA has conducted a full review of the grants granted by the Bayden administration to the Maine Department of Education. Many of these grants appear to be wasteful, superfluous, or other priorities targeting the Trump administration. The USDA will not represent the blank bureaucracy of the Biden administration, but will focus on a department without farmers, without a socialist who does not contain the remaining social class.”
Rep. Laurel Libby, Republican of Maine, was one of the key figures in the state’s transgender issues when she posted a social media post that determined that a trans track and field athlete at Greely High School took the No. 1 spot in the Maine women’s pole vault in Maine women’s pole vault.
Libby’s revelation for trans athletes has sparked a national dialogue and reporting on transgender policies. Libby was condemned by the Democratic majority in the Maine House of Representatives on her determination of a minor, but she has since filed a lawsuit to bring it down.
“Governor Janet Mills and Maine Democrats chose to dig their heels on the safety and rights of Maine women and girls and embrace radical left-wing ideology. Despite President Trump’s repeated warnings, Maine Democrats continue to violate federal laws and force Maine girls to compete with biology men,” Libby competed against Fox News on Wednesday. ”
As a result, the Democratic majority in Maine has cost Maine students hundreds of millions of dollars in federal funding, starting with our USDA funding, rather than advocating Maine girls by complying with federal laws. I continue to stand firmly with Trump and President Trump for the pursuit of sane and fairness, and I beg Maine Democrats for this incredible harm and incredible student.
More potential sanctions may arise next week.
The U.S. Department of Education sent a letter to the Maine Department of Education (MDOE) on Monday, suggesting that the final deadline of April 11 be resolved, or risk a second referral to the Justice Department. The Ministry of Health and Human Services has referred Maine Department of Justice last week.
Wednesday’s announcement was not the first batch of funds for the USDA announced by Maine.
The department suspended funding on March 11 to the University of Maine (UMS) (UMS), a network of eight public universities in the state, while reviewing the system’s compliance with Title IX.
A few days later, UMS restored funds and the USDA announced that the system was fully compliant.
But the main issue involving Maine’s inter-athlete inclusion is the high school level 1. In addition to the incident involving Greeley High School pole bragging, other instances have affected multiple girls across the state who have to compete with biomas and share locker rooms.
Maine teen Cassidy Carlisle previously told Fox News Digital that she had to share a locker room with trans students during middle school and then had to compete with another Nordic skier last year.
“The failure that happened at that moment was heartbreaking,” Carlisle said. “I was just shocked to some extent. I don’t believe it. … I don’t think it’s happening to me.”
Click here to get the Fox News app
“I’m silent for a while,” Carlisle said. “If you don’t have a platform to do this, it’s hard to say. … The rebound is a big deal. I’m a high school student. No high school student wants to be hurt or yell or say what people mean.
one investigation The American Parents League found that of about 600 registered Maine voters, 63% said school sports participation should be based on biological nature, while 66% agreed that “it is fair to limit women’s exercise to biological women.”
Polls also found that 60% of residents will support voting measures to limit participation exist Women and girls sports Bio-female. This includes 64% of independents and 66% of parents of children under the age of 18.
Follow Fox News Numbers Motion Report on Xand subscribe Fox News Sports Grocery Newsletter.