New York City filed a lawsuit against the Trump administration on Friday, trying to fight through more than $80 million sent to the city by the federal emergency management agency to accommodate immigrants.
The lawsuit argues that the funds had been previously approved by the FEMA and then paid by the FEMA, but were only removed from the city bank account on February 11 without notice or administrative proceedings.
Elon Musk claims the fund has been revoked after the government’s efficiency ministry discovered $59 million in FEMA payments. New York City This is used in luxury hotels to accommodate illegal immigrants. Trump later repeated Musk’s claims and argued that “mass fraud” was taking place.
New York City received two separate grants during the Biden administration — one awarded $21.9 million for $58.6 million — the city tried to pay home immigrants, many of which were sent by Texas officials who were on the verge of The process of the administration was frustrated by the influx of immigrants entering the United States through the southern border.
New York City Mayor Eric Adams says he will run for Democrats

New York City filed a lawsuit against the Trump administration on Friday, trying to struggle with more than $80 million previously sent to the city through FEMA. Mayor Eric Adams leaves President Donald Trump, right and immigrant, outside the Roosevelt Hotel in Manhattan. (Michael M. Santiago/Getty Images, left | Stephen Maturen/Getty Images, versus Luiz C. Ribeiro, by Getty Images, inteet in ny Daily News, Interet)
tHis payments were made under the Shelter and Services Program (SPP), which Congress allocated $650 million last year to help local governments cope with the immigration crisis. Currently, less than 45,000 immigrants staying in New York City taxpayer-sponsored shelters, up to 69,000 a year ago.
Friday’s lawsuit was filed by the city’s legal department in the U.S. District Court in the Southern District of New York, which is responsible for the city’s legal affairs, against President Donald Trump, the U.S. Treasury Department, the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
The lawsuit accused the federal government of violating federal regulations and the provisions of SSP grants and abuses the federal government’s powers and obligations to enforce programs approved and funded by Congress.

Elon Musk, the adviser to President Donald Trump, leads the government’s efficiency drive. (AP image)
The lawsuit argued that on February 19, the federal government belatedly provided a “violation” letter to New York City that did not identify any violations in the city.
“Instead, it declared ‘concerns that these issues are unfounded and do not fit in with how the city manages an unprecedented crisis,” the law department said.
The Legal Department took the government’s actions as “making money”, saying the letter was just a cover-up of the federal government’s real purpose, namely, permanently withholding funds because it opposed their use of immigrants.
The City is seeking to recover funds and is seeking a motion for a preliminary and permanent injunction and seeking a motion for a temporary restraining order (TRO).
New York City Mayor Eric Adams In a series of posts late Friday, defending and supporting the lawsuit, writing that the $80 million approval, paid and revoked — all of which New York City spent more than $7 billion in taxes People funds to resolve the final crisis for three years.

Mayor Eric Adams said the city had accommodated more than 231,000 immigrants during the crisis. (Luiz C. Ribeiro by Getty Images, left, Fatih Aktas/Anadolu by Getty Images, right.)
Department of Justice filed a case against New York City Mayor Eric Adams
“We will work to ensure that our city residents receive every dollar they owe,” Adams wrote in the post.
“No doubt our immigration system has been broken, but the cost of managing an international humanitarian crisis should not fall just on one city. We have skillfully avoided this humanitarian crisis almost entirely with our own 231,000 people. The cost of entering our city to seek shelter.”
Meanwhile, New York City Auditor General Brad Lander claimed that the lawsuit had occurred after he forced Adams to have a hand in his hand. Adams has come under fire from New York Democrats for his decision to work more with federal immigration agencies to arrest criminal illegal immigrants who dismissed allegations of corruption against him.
“I found it in my office Elon Musk “His Governor Goon squad stole $80 million from the city’s safe, and we successfully put pressure on Mayor Adams to sue the federal government for the city’s lawyers to We got our money back.”
“The lawyer standing in the collusion between President Trump and Eric Adams is commendable and we look forward to Donald Trump returning to the money he stole from New York.”
Lander plays Adams in the mayoral election later this year.
Read the following lawsuit: App User Click here.
Landon Mion, Maria Paronich and Jennifer Johnson of Fox News contributed to the report.