Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth Ministry of National Defense The civilian workforce of the (Defense Department) complies with Elon Musk’s Ministry of Government Efficiency (DOGE) productivity email, listing five things they did after initially told them not to reply.
On Sunday, Hegseth posted a video message explaining the shift.
“Our commitment to defending the civilian patriots in this country’s work at the Department of Defense is crucial to our national security,” Heggs said. “When we work to restore the core combat mission of the Department of Defense under President Trump, we recognize that we would not be able to accomplish this task without the strong and important contribution of the civilian workforce.”
Go to Musk in Doge, Shared a video of Heggs on X, writing, “Thank you so much @secdef Hegseth!” He also included salute emojis and American flag emojis.
Ministry of Defense tells civilian labor to ignore Elon Musk’s requirement to report productivity
Hegseth signed a memorandum to all DOD civilian employees on Friday after an expected email from the DOD on Monday asking for its five core achievement points.

U.S. Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth said all DOD civilian employees should provide five achievements. (Reuters/Yves Hermann)
Heggs told employees Reply to emails within 48 hours and include their achievements and add their supervisor as recipients.
He said in the video that reply will be collected within the department to meet the requirements sent by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM).
OPM sent an email last weekend seeking the same five bullets, although the Defense Department’s personnel and preparation office told its civilian workforce to ignore the requirements.

Pentagon (AP Photo/Patrick Semansky)
After working with OPM, a different approach will be taken this week to get the expected guidance.
“The Department of Defense initially suspended the directive … but now requires all civilian employees of the Department of Defense to submit five bullets on last week’s achievements,” Heggss said in the memorandum.
Click here to get the Fox News app
He told employees Monday’s email was something the Department of Defense employees should respond, although the response should not include sensitive or confidential information.
Heggs also said non-compliance may be reviewed further.