Blog Post

Prmagazine > News > News > Children’s Hospital L.A. lifts recent limits on hormonal therapy for transgender youth
Children’s Hospital L.A. lifts recent limits on hormonal therapy for transgender youth

Children’s Hospital L.A. lifts recent limits on hormonal therapy for transgender youth

Los Angeles Children’s Hospital said Friday it is relaxing recent restrictions on hormone treatment for trans youth, reversing the weekly start-up move protest Outside the hospital.

The hospital at the beginning of this month had Paused startup Hormonal treatment for “gender confirmation care patients” under 19 years of age when hospital officials evaluated the executive order issued by President Trump.

Chla said in a statement Friday that it is stopping the situation after reviewing the latest decision by a federal judge surrounding Trump’s executive order and California’s commitments. General Rob Bonta “seeks additional protection for CHLA and its patients.”

“CHLA briefly began to start these therapies in order to timely assess the potential impact of recent federal policy changes,” the hospital said in its statement.

The Los Angeles Hospital has previously said it has also suspended gender-affirming surgeries for minors ahead of recent restrictions on hormone treatment. Hospital officials have not announced surgical procedures for young patients to resume gender expression.

Trump’s executive order targets medical procedures for use of adolescence blockers, hormones and other transgender youth under the age of 19 – a medical service that the president calls “chemical and surgical disabilities.” Organizations such as the California Family Council cheered the executive order, saying the care was harmful to youth and urged other hospitals to limit their use when CHLA restricts its limitations.

Hundreds of protesters have gathered outside the CHLA in recent weeks to condemn the decision to stop treatment for trans youth, saying it was an unnecessary step, violated guidance from major medical organizations and put transgender youth at risk .

“This should be a safe place for these kids,” said Juan Carlos Pérez, the parent of an 18-year-old patient in CHLA. “The governments of these hospitals are succumbing to something even illegal, and it feels like a timid betrayal.”

Bonta’s office Warn Los Angeles Hospital Withholding gender-affirming care can violate state laws. Last week, federal judges held part of Trump’s executive orders in legal challenges for transgender youth and attorney general families in Washington, Oregon and Minnesota.

CHLA officials told hospital staff last week Evaluate The implications of these court decisions, but warns that one appears to apply only to three states (excluding California), while the other only applies to specific portions of the executive order regarding the withholding of funds from federal agencies.

Trump’s order directs health and human services chiefs to take “all appropriate actions” to prevent youth from receiving gender-affirming care, which may include changes to federal regulations for health care providers to obtain Medicare or Medicaid funds .

“As California’s largest pediatric safety net provider, we have 70% of our patients insured through Medicaid, and CHLA must carefully consider the impact of state and federal policies on our ability to provide care to patients,” CHLA said in a statement Friday. .transparent

Bonta said in a statement that he thanked Chla for “continuing the partnership and support to ensure that every child has access to essential health care and support.” The California Attorney General joined more than a dozen lawyers Introduction to amicus On Friday, a legal challenge was raised to Trump’s executive order.

Amicus abstract said that attempts to end the physical and psychological harm caused to young people’s gender care is “inconsistent with the standard of medical care, unreasonable and cruel.”

The founder of the Center for Freedom was nominated by Trump to lead the Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division, saying CHLA announced “pure ridiculousness” on Friday. Whether it is taking executive orders or critics’ lawsuits, “we are confident that CHLA will soon cancel its plans to manage pubertal blockers and transgender hormones. ”

LGBTQ+ advocates say that restricting gender-affirming care is unnecessary before federal judges’ decisions, noting that many executive orders depend on federal regulations that have not yet occurred.

“If institutions comply with executive orders that are not law, it sends a signal to the presidential administration that they can really do whatever they want.” Maybi, former congressional candidate and LGBTQ+ person and allies, former congressional candidate and spokesman, Maybi, for the former congressional candidate and spokesman for LGBTQ+ person and allies. ·A. Girl said. Protest outside Chla.

“I am confident that if the community has not appeared, it would not have happened,” they added Friday after the hospital announced the decision.

“We do plan to continue protesting until they return to all gender-affirming health care.”

Source link

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

star360feedback